Monday, November 9, 2009

Who's Praise Am I Seeking?

This morning, God has blessed me and spoken thru my quiet time in His word and the beautiful sunrise! 


For BSF, we're studying John and this morning I was doing my homework and answering questions from John 5.  What spoke into my heart was v 44 "Charli, How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?"  This thought is nothing new, but once again brings so much clarity to the picture of the darkness seeping into my life.  It comes because I'm looking for the praise of men and maybe half-heartedly seeking the praise of the only God.  I am sinful, through and through, and it's that realization that pours forth the words that if this darkness makes Him clearer to me - Praise GOD!  Keep me here Lord, if in it, I see You more and more.  I found myself thinking the same words Paul wrote in Romans 7:24-25 "What a wretched man I am!  Who will rescue me from this body of death?  Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!"


I have to add another Multitude Monday here.... I am so thankful for the difficult times because they only cause me to sink myself deeper into Him.  (You loose Satan!!!)  And I am so thankful for the Word of God - that convicts me, challenges me, encourages me.

post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

How easy it is to lose focus & seek from man what only God can give us. And what a good God that He uses even this to teach us, disciple us, grow us.
I second it... you loose satan! (& you're a stickin' liar & a nerd!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails