Sunday, November 22, 2009

Now Rest Your Eyes....


Over the years, I've longed to have our bedtime to be a sweet time of one-on-one with my kids, but I'm ashamed to say that more often than not, it is a time of me trying to rush through and turn out the lights, so I can be "free".  Yet, every once in a while, I let go of my needs and seek to savor those moments with my little ones, who are growing so quickly.

Our ritual usually starts with a free time of reading/looking at books on own, then I'll read a story or two of their choosing....


Then we pray together, give kisses....


Then out goes the light and we light their lanterns...


Then I recite the following bedtime poem....

The day is done, the night has come
The moon shines overhead,
You're warm and safe
And never alone,
You're very loved my little ones.
The angels dance, the fairies prance
Your dreams await my little ones
Now rest your eyes and sail the skies
Go to sleep my little ones.



Good night little ones....
post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

Love this post! What a wonderful time you have with the kids... & what wonderful memories they will have because of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails