Monday, January 11, 2010

Multitude Mondays


"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest."
Thomas Moore
Irish poet (1779 - 1852)

210. zipping up coats, pulling snowpant legs over boots, adjusting sleeves over mittens
211. organizing mittens and hats
212. photo Christmas cards still hanging on the door
213. paying the bills and balancing the checkbook...thank you Father that you provide...grow us to be better stewards of what you've given us
214. "I don't want to do BSF" voiced by my littlest one, turned to smiles, head bent over pencil and paper, listening intently, "I guess I do...this is fun."
215. my 10 yr old, 8 yr old and 6 yr old crammed behind Dad's chair as they create and play
216. cold that stings the face
217. Maggie bouncing energetically through the snow

218. Jake's gift, from his siblings, earthen fort inside a fallen tree's roots...a place to hide, to imagine, to be awed by, to climb, to enjoy...all truly given to them all by our Creator


219. sleepless nights...waking with worries on my mind...directing me to count my blessings and to immerse myself in Him - the Word, which leads to peace and finds me curled in sleep on couch for the last few hours of early morning
220. hearing Jake play...how beautiful the guitar sings for him or the piano
221. seeing the look of determination on Isaiah's face during drum lessons....this is something he desperately wants - to play for God - then seeing the look of joy and excitment on his face as his teacher plays for him their next "fill" they will learn

222. a 13 year old who can still play with a pile of Mr. Potato Heads for 20 minutes
223. the sound of boots being stomped
224. thoughtfulness of children filling the my birdfeeders without my asking just because they know I enjoy looking out

225. oldest wanting to serve and make breakfast for all yesterday...what God teaches me in the midst of that as I look at waffle maker overflowing w/ mix and a messy kitchen afterward...focus on his heart, his longing to serve, to love...let the other stuff go...it's insignificant and uneternal
226. homemade snow ramps

227. sink full of crusted hot cocoa mugs
228. seeing the efforts my eldest is making to truly love his siblings more, to not just say it, but to live it
229. my oldest sister coming to BSF last night, praying that she enjoyed it and is excited to start, thankful for being able to have something to share with her
330. gathering of neighbors on Sunday night, many times I just watched everyone in awe at how fast time flies, how "young" our families were when we all moved onto Crocus Trail and seeing before my eyes how we've all grown and envisioning gatherings in years to come and what our families will look like then

331. Lukins family and their desire and commitment to grow alongside our family.....the study on Don't Check Your Brains at the Door with Noah and Joe
332.  saying "yes" to sledding even though my first instinct was to say no, seeing the joy and hearing the laughter at Dead Man's Hill with the Dysarts

333.  pushing Amy B. out of my driveway, 2 weeks in a row
334.  homemade gifts, what makes them truly beautiful is what is seen in the eye of the beholder, seeing the heart mixed with paint and yarn

post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

Love your list! Isn't it amazing how many things are things we can be thankful for if we just look at them with the right attitude.
And it is totally awesome about Cheryl going to BSF... I was just thinking about that this morning... sending out an invitation to all the women in the family. I hope she enjoyed it... and that through her others will start too! How awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails