Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fall in Love in Four Minutes a Day

The timing was perfect for me to read a blog posted on Holy Experience.  This past week, I  was caught up in a daily battle with the accusations from the enemy that my husband doesn't hear me when I cry for help and that my existence is defined by the constant giving of myself to my children and husband.  The deceiver had me focused on society's cry of, "What about me?  When will someone take care of me?"

Thankfully, through prayer and continually turning to God, I began to hear His voice reminding me that He is my perfect husband, He is my perfect provider, He hears every cry I utter, and He responds to me perfectly - it may not be what I'm looking for, but I do believe that He gives me exactly what He knows I need to cause me to grow.   And He brought me back around to the conviction that focus on self leads to despair, whereas when I die to self and turn my focus onto loving others, my husband, my children, others, He grows in me.  He brought me back to my most oft uttered verse, "More of Him, less of me" from John 3:30.

So I read Ann's post and was challenged to focus on Love throughout each day.

Fall in Love in Four Minutes A Day
"It only takes four minutes a day to move into a deeper heart place. It only takes four minutes a day to connect in soul intimacy; to  breathe in oxygen for the other half of my heart. Don’t and I too begin to suffocate, the death heave. I wish someone had told me in the beginning.

Four Fixations
Four times a day think on love. When I leave the marriage bed, leave the front door, when  I return to front door, return to marriage bed.  These are the four critical archways of time in our day. Touch or whisper a sweet nothing when passing through these gate points, and we walk into hours of closeness. Forever love fixates like fresh love.
Four Embraces
Four times a day, wrap up in husband. Embrace fully and hold each other’s eyes. That’s all. Repeat four times daily. The one flesh breathes best when the skin pores are close; connected.
Four Affirmations
Four times during the day, thank him. For working faithfully to provide, for hanging up his towel, for putting gas in the van, for making this heart skip a wild beat. Look for the ways to thank him and watch how he moves closer."

I must admit, the past two days have been fun, trying to get in four hugs a day.  You wouldn't think that should be hard, but it is.    Giving my husband affirmations has also been something I've enjoyed doing - being on the lookout of what he does do for me each day, rather than focusing on the negative.  I must admit, I still need to work on the Four Fixations....personal habits and routines need to be unbroken and remade here - which is a little tougher for me, but I'm determined to try.

I have seen/felt how keeping a gratitude list has helped change my focus, although last week was a bump in that journey.  I see more beauty in the day, in the chaos, in the struggle.  So I'm excited to see where my marriage will be in a month or two as I continue to practice these outward disciplines.

To someday, look at my reflection and not see Charli, but Christ.....that will be heaven!

2 comments:

chippy said...

Have you been singing my song?... 'what about me?!? :)
Glad that your week is going better.

Gsus Saves said...

You make me laugh! Yes I was!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails