Monday, January 4, 2010

Multitude Mondays


195. Christmas unlike any other...the love...the thankfulness for even the smallest gift...the family sharing of what's on one's heart...the best Christmas I've ever had as a mother

 196. precious time spent with friends and family over the past two weeks
197. break from all school responsibilities and piano - biblequizzing - youth group commitments
198. good Christian fiction...the draw of a good book...seeing kids sequestering themselves in quiet places to read themselves
199. the honor of being trusted with raw feelings from a friend, praying that I'll honor God in my responses and encouragement
200. challenging quote from Dietrich Bonhoeffer and how it has convicted my heart, halted condemnation and criticism and grown grace in my life
201. Christmas season and the license to enjoy food - although now I'm paying for it
202. reoccurring reminders of how far I have to go to live the life of a Christ follower - reminded by my petty jealousies, my lack of praying blessings over situations that don't involve me, my verbal stones I like to throw, may it never be something that doesn't bring me to tears
203. the Word...became flesh...is sharper than any sword...guides me...encourages me...refreshes my soul
204. playing games...Buzzword, Euchre, Pinocle, Clue, James Bond, Spoons, Golf, Colorku
205. sleepovers...I'm definately reaching a new stage in life when I can't stay up later than the kids
206. grandparents...both left recently for Florida for lengthy stays...how we'll miss them and be praying they'll be safe, healthy and enjoy their warm weather (but not so much that they won't want to come back to Michigan!)

207. family...sisters, brothers, brother-in-laws, sister-in-laws, nieces, nephews...our hearts shared and given to each other...how blessed we are to have them all, how blessed my children are to have them all to look to, to laugh with, to be challenged by
208. first shaving experiences for Jake & Isaiah - how their father's antics made it unforgettable

 209. traditions....my dad still reads 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to a couch full of children, although now it's not his children, but his grandchildren


post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

I love your family picture! Your kids are getting so big! Maggie looks like she wants to be in the middle:)
Great picture of you with Mom & Dad... it is so precious to have those.
Congradulations to Jacob & Isaiah... The picture of Jake with the shaving cream around his mouth cracks me up!!! It looks like he just took a drink of Hot cocoa that had a bunch of whipped cream on it:) And Isaiah's makes me cringe a bit... ouch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails