Monday, January 4, 2010

Expectations

This quote was shared with me by a dear friend and I've stuck it in my bible to be a constant reminder to me how quickly my passion for God's vision for the body of Christ can become a thing of pride and destroyer of that which I believe God has given me a deep love for and burden for....I've seen His grace grow in me because of these convicting words.
"He who loves his dream of a community more than the Christian community itself becomes a destroyer of that latter, even though his personal intentions may be ever so honest and earnest and sacrificial. God hates visionary dreaming; it makes the dreamer proud and pretentious. The man who fashions a visionary ideal of community demands that it be realized by God, by others, and by himself...When things do not go his way, he calls the effort a failure. When his ideal picture is destroyed, he sees the community going to smash. So he becomes, first an accuser of his brethren, then an accuser of God, and finally the despairing accuser of himself." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

I love this quote! It gets right to the very heart of it... removing the scales from our eyes, hearts, feelings & thoughts. Reminding us what is really to be the main view of the Bride of Christ.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails