Friday, October 30, 2009

Babysitting Ebony


We decided to bring Ebony (Annie's puppy, Maggie's sister, and my parents dog) over to our house for the short time Mom & Dad are away. I lasted a total of ~24 hours. I have a new appreciation for the depth of Dad's love for his dog! And a new appreciation for the calmness and gentleness of our dogs. There are paw prints all over my wood floors, although I must give credit to Ebony for her obedience in not coming in the living room. Before we blocked off the upstairs, she came down w/ a ball of my yarn trailing behind her and the chewing on the ball. After that we made sure we also blocked off the upstairs! I'd get overwhelmed and put her outside, but we have hunting clothes/boots all over our front porch and I realized it would quickly become all over our yard. So back inside she comes....


Some other things I noticed...Her tongue is always hanging out and panting, she has no sense of personal space - she's breathing in my face,


stepping on my toes, bruising my calves w/ her whip of a tail. Another observation made by Ben this morning, "There's slobber all over the floor!"





While my dogs are sleeping right now, she's pacing the wood floors. She is just a bundle of energy. It was almost impossible to get her collar on and off. She is just amazing, truly! I don't know how Dad does it!



She just gave a piercing bark to Maggie, like "Play with me!" and is forcing Maggie up. Maggie has walked over to me and is trying to hide, but Ebby is breathing all over us. That was when I decided that she'd have to go home - I have to clean my floors, none of us enjoy walking in puddles of water or spit, whatever they may be.

How did gentle Annie give birth to such a fireball??? But we LOVE HER! I wanted to end with how we love here anyway - but at first the kids had to be talked into getting close to her! They were all afraid of being slobbered on!




post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

Cute!
love the last two pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails