Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hiding God's Word in My Heart

Over the past several months I've been working on hiding God's Word in my heart.  I've set my watch to hourly chiming to go over the verse I'm working on, which has been so cool because I noticed that it helps me turn my thoughts to Him more and more.  The first verse I memorized was 2 Timothy 3:16:
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true 
and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.  
It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right.  
It is God's way of preparing us in every way, 
fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do.
I chose this verse because it reminds me what truth really is.  It is not always the whispers I hear in my head and heart....I always need to be going back to the Word to see real truth.  After that one, I decided to memorize a whole chapter that had some verses in it I knew I needed to use to battle the enemy.  This one has taken me longer, but today........I finished it!!!!  It is Psalm 16:
Preserve me oh God, for in You I take refuge.  
I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord.  I have no good apart from You".  
As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.  
The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply.  
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup, 
You hold my lot, the lines have fallen for me in pleasant places.  
Indeed I have a beautiful inheritance.  
I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel, yes my heart instructs me in the night seasons.  
I have set the Lord continually before me, because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.  Therefore my heart is glad and my glory, my inner soul, rejoices; 
my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety.  
For You will not abandon my soul among the dead or allow Your holy one to rot in the grave.  
You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, 
at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
I love the lines that talk of how He is my portion and my cup - only He satisfies, and that He determines the places I'm in and indeed it is a beautiful inheritance!

1 comment:

chippy said...

Yay!!! That is awesome Charlene! I still am working on Isaiah 53... need to start wearing my watch I think. I tend to lay it down and forget about it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails