Monday, March 8, 2010

Multitude Mondays

If we don't find Him in the small things, how will we ever find Him in the big ones?
~Elisabeth Elliot

486.  1 John 2:1-2 image of daily, hourly, Christ justifying me...
487.  time with Denise - catching up, listening, sharing, encouraging
488.  opportunities with friends to listen, encourage and challenge
489.  always honored to be able to "be there" for a friend, to listen, pray for, encourage...that God sees fit to allow messed up Charli to be a friend to others, always blows me away
490.  paper, scissors, intent faces, messes, beautiful paper snowflakes - each unique
491.   snowballs hitting the windows of our home - interpretation "Mom - watch me do this!"
492.  Ted's friendship with Dave....steadfast and strong
493.  laughter as Amy B got stuck once again in our driveway
494.  kids working so hard to get ahead on school because of the excitement of going to visit the Townsends on Friday
495.   opportunities for Jake to earn money and learn the value of working
496.   neighbors who rely on one another
497.   sledding in the dark
498.  good friends that play without fighting
499.  playing Pinocle w/ the Hodgsons and having the most amazing hand (had 99 points in one hand for those that know how to play)
500.  the way in which God has given me peace and a more Christ-like outlook on situations in the church with sometimes unloveable people
501.  time with family as we all go to support and watch Chaney & Landon in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - it was awesome!  I've read/heard the story so many times and almost felt silly when I found my eyes filling with tears when Aslan was walking to the Stone table and welcomed Lucy & Susan's comfort....it brought the image of Christ welcoming/wanting his disciples comfort in the garden. 
502.  watching my niece play volleyball on Saturday - I love it that she always makes sure we get the bang for the buck (even though we didn't have to pay to get in this time) because she somehow always plays 3 sets when I'm there
503.  heart of men on Monday night to open the Word and know God more
504.  prayer....that every time we have doubt, challenges, instincts telling us to do this or that, we also always can tap into God's opinion on a given situation and seek His counsel
505.  20-25 minutes on the ride home from BSF spent talking with my children....probing...encouraging them to consider what God was impressing on their hearts through this lesson...sharing what He impressed on me
506.  25 times in Deuteronomy 7-8 that is says, "The LORD your God" and how that phrase spoke into my heart during family devotions
507.  15 minute - throw together - Chicken Tortilla Chowder soup that rocked
508.  quiet house in the mornings as I get up to spend time with Him
509.  I've gotta add homemade bread to the list...almost daily we make it and consume it
510.  freedom He's given us to homeschool....the benefits to our family overflow over any cost to self I may feel or cost to our family's financial situation...I am so thankful for the vision and courage God's given Ted and I to do this thing  (this was the cover Madeline made at the end of last year when she got to start Spelling!  I think now she can spell it!)
511.  mud bogging on Crocus Trail
512.  fun and determination kids had building and playing on a snow jump


post signature

4 comments:

chippy said...

Just how many times is Amy going to get stuck in your driveway!?! That poor girl!

Thank you so much for coming up early to visit & to the play! That makes it so special for the kids!

That snow jump makes me a bit nervous! I don't think Landon is going to be doing that! :)

I love reading your list each week! They are so uplifting & encouraging!

chippy said...

Is your numbering off? Or just out of order? You went from 499 to 450.

chippy said...

Don't mean to be a stickler... but check your numbering again...:)

Gsus Saves said...

I'm retarded!!!!! Did I mention I homeschool my 5 children!!!! Crack me up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails