Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Speaks in Our Defense

It never ceases to amaze me, how in the mundane grind, God speaks truth into my life....gives me joy....gives me light to hold onto!  This past week, as I was helping Nate with his BSF lesson, I was reading aloud to him from 1 John 2:1-2.....
But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 
Immediately, I was captivated by the words... we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.  Most days I get so caught up in the "truth" here on this earth that the enemy loves to flaunt in my face, the "truth" that I've failed once again, the "truth" that I'll never be good enough, the "truth" that I'm unworthy of Christ's love.  And in the scenario here, I am guilty and I would be the first to confess that.  
But what the Holy Spirit reminded me that day is that I focus too much on the earthly focus and don't spend enough time focusing on the drama that is going on daily, hourly on my behalf.  Every time I screw up down here, the accuser is pointing my failures out to my heavenly Father, but before the accusations are even out of his mouth, Jesus...the Righteous One....the One who endured excruciating pain and death for me and you...the One who has an unfathomable love for me....stands and comes before the Father on my behalf and defends me....reminds Him that my sins have been paid for with His blood and that I am now hidden in Christ!  Who can understand it?!  But how the thought of it makes my heart soar on days the accuser wants it to sink!  

This image has also grieved my spirit too and caused me to "check" my tongue, my actions, my life....To think that I remind Jesus daily, hourly of my lack of appreciation for what He's done for me by sinning....I envision it like a knife into His heart, to realize I know what He's done for me and yet still choose to sin!  May the image of what goes on in heaven on my behalf be burned into my mind each day and stop me when I'm on the course of sinning.  Scripture, so small, and yet so powerful to move my heart and change me day by day! 
post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

How powerful God's Word is! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails