Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Chowder

This soup whipped up so fast and tasted so good, that it will become a staple on Mondays when we have to hurry out the door for BSF.  We enjoyed ours with a homemade loaf of Italian Bread.

Total Prep time:  30 min.
Yield: 10 servings (2 1/2 qt)
2 cans condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
2 cups milk
14-16 oz chicken broth
1 can (11 oz) Mexicorn, drained **** I didn't have, so I just threw in frozen corn
~ 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies **** I didn't have, so I just pulled some serano chilies out of the freezer and chopped them and added till spicy enough
3 8"" flour tortillas cut into small strips **** I didn't have so I just broke hard taco shells up and added
1 c shredded cheddar cheese + more for topping off

In large saucepan, heat soups, milk, broth, stirring frequently.  Add corn, chicken and chilies; bring to a boil.  Stir in tortilla strips.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.  Stir in the cheese until melted.  Sprinkle each serving with add'l cheese if desired.

post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

That does sound easy! That's what I need... easy! Thanks for sharing... I need all the help I can get! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails