Saturday, February 27, 2010

Praising God

"Authentic worship is not about us, it's about Him."
~ Dr. David Jeremiah
Worship:
It's not about finding the perfect worship conditions....it's about praising God.
It's not about style - hymn or chorus...it's about praising God.
It's not about being off key, on key, loud or too quiet...it's about praising God.
It's not about the soundboard, the speakers, the microphones...it's about praising God.
It's not about who's on the platform and who's sitting in the pew...it's about praising God.
It's not about what you wear...it's about praising God.
It's not about church...it's about praising God.

 I am aware of this struggle all the time since I've been asked to lead worship at our church.  I don't ever want to forget, even for a second that it's not about us - but about Him.  I know I do forget, but I cry out these verses when I realize it....
(Phil 3)  13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
May my worship be a reflection of this constant dying to self and point others to Christ. 

post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

Amen to that! Worship is always about God & praising Him! Good for all of us to remember!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails