Monday, February 22, 2010

Multitude Mondays

434. seeing a Piliated Woodpecker this morning just outside our dining room....we were all gathered around reading the Bible after breakfast and Ben yelled out, "There's a Piliated Woodpecker!" It was beautiful! I tried to get a picture of it but it flew away.
435. snowfall, adventures out into the untrodden blanket surrounding our woods
 436. Isaiah's quizzing team getting 2nd place at the Quiz Meet in Sterling, IL
437. Jake's honesty about his lack of success at the quiz meet - or so he sees it and the opportunity for me to be able to tell him how proud I am of his grit and determination to make it there for one, and then to persevere and not give up regardless of the end score
438. worship team, sharing their struggles, coming alongside one another in prayer, honesty, transparency
439. enjoying the Olympics with the kids, marvelling at what the atheletes do
440. making calazones Saturday night with Nate, Maddie and Ben. Flour was everywhere, but they were delicious!!
441. peppermint tea and time with friends
442. the idea behind giving up something for Lent, to sacrifice something that I think I need, for the One who truly meets all my needs.
443. husband's teasing voice making me smile and laugh
444. snowbanks and tunnels
 445. sighting a flicker at the suet cake
 446. blubber experiments, giggles, testing oneself to the limit of cold
 447. Hedgie's change in attitude - never would've believed I'd see the day when she'd let me hold her and clip her toenails
448.  my youngest's love for coloring right now....I almost took it for granted the other day when he excitedly said, "Mom, I'm almost done and I want to show you my picture!"  He's the last one to do this with me....thankful for him, for box of crayons, the colors God's given us, the creativity God's given us....each day God's given us together
449.  butter and homemade jam on bread, reminds me of Bread & Jam story


post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

Boy it hurts when our kids hurt... but what opportunities they are also. God is so good in this! I am just amazed at how the boys are working at getting God's Word into their minds & hearts!
So what did you give up for Lent? I am finding that in my giving up I need to be careful of not picking other things up instead!
You can clip Hedgie's toe nails one handed?!? That's amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails