Monday, February 1, 2010

Faith...Failure...Fear...Faith

Tonight I feel like this little turtle, ready to pull everything in and stay safe inside my shell.  The well-worn whisper that there must be something wrong with me - it's the only explanation of why I feel like such a loser, why I feel like I have nothing to offer anyone, why I feel alone.  There is more to the story as the title suggests.....tonight was all about serving, taking the lowliest position...you know that whole idea of dying to self....and here I am crying, "What about me???"  Not only am I self-focused and juvenile, but the pain of failure to Him, who never failed me, hurts more than I can bear....  But the story will continue....Faith...Failure....Fear...Faith  I need to find my way back to Faith

post signature

3 comments:

chippy said...

I should have never taught you that song!! :)
I know your feelings... and God does too. Unfortunately satans does too & he is using it against you... fight the lies. Speak truth to your heart, soul & mind.
Blessed are those that mourn (sorrow for their sin) for they will be comforted.
"Jesus is attrached to the unattractive. He prefers the lost ones over the found ones, the losers over the winners, the broken instead of the whole, the messy instead of the unmessy, the crippled instead of the noncrippled."
-Michal Yaconelli
And it is these that He uses. The world may not see it but He does.

Gsus Saves said...

I know....I hear you singing it now in my head when I'm aware of my focus...It's probably only funny to you and me....Thank you for sharing the quote from Yaconelli...I noticed that book was sitting out on your coffee table - love it!

Gsus Saves said...

It is a catchy tune you know...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails