Monday, December 7, 2009

Multitude Mondays

138. ladies at BSF...I was brought to tears this last week, just listening to their hearts as they answered questions, how they sojourn with me to grow closer to God with everything they have, that is how the body of Christ should look
139. sitting in our living room after BSF this last week, going around and hearing how God spoke conviction and teaching into each of our children's hearts
140. the question from my hairdresser, asking how my kids are doing, and I thought by the world's standards - I don't know, but in God's eyes - they are doing good.
141. beautiful snowflakes falling Tuesday night
142. traditions....Mary's starpath, Mary's First Christmas, Jesse Advent Tree



143. a dark room, Christmas tree lights, sparkling ornaments - knowing each ornament represents the history of our lives together

144. another year with my now 12 year old, his gentle spirit, his love for God and others, his determination to surrender his desires and be a reflection of God more and more at his age - how he challenges me!

145.  cousins....
146. shared smiles of how cute Nate is - how he's growing up and saying the cutest things or doing the cutest things - I often smile at him and look across the room and Isaiah will be smiling too and we both just shake our heads
147. boys playing football in the yard - falling in dogpoop and having to come in and change at least two times
148. homeschooling....freedom to slow our lives down this month, to focus on the heart and to spend time making things with our hands for others...
149. the click, click, click of Annie's nails at night on our unfinished bedroom floor
150. peaceful Sunday morning

151. good friends, cookies, laughter, frosting, tears, hearts shared, worshipping together, praying together
152. Theo's creative cooking that is so wonderful and his heart to thank my folks for the meat that we serve on our table weekly
153. Moms and Dads....

154. blooms on my Christmas cactus...the expectation of these blooms all year bursts into joy when I glimpse a flower! How beautiful!

155. toys, plans to play, set aside to first give God their attention

156.   flannel sheets
157.   husband who listens to me when I cry
158.  conviction....
post signature

3 comments:

chippy said...

I love seeing your kids enjoying God's Word & sharing about it. That is totaly awesome! And I love the toys just waiting to be played with once they are done. They have the right focus! I need to get more like them!
Your Christmas tree looks beautiful! Would love to see the whole thing! (hint hint take & picture & post it with your favorite, most meaningful ornaments)
You are so great at making wonderful traditions for you kids to remember!
I don't know about #147? Hard to be thankful for dog poop! Gross!
Just wondering... related to your peaceful Sunday morning... did you go to church or have home church? :)
Conviction. A wonderful gift from God this Christmas & every day!

Gsus Saves said...

Good idea about the posting!
At the time, wasn't thankful for dogpoop - but you gotta admit - it's a good memory.
I was just a part of the congregation on Sunday, not up front....

chippy said...

I forgot to say it the frist time but I love your new chair!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails