Monday, September 21, 2009

Multitude Mondays


I've been motivated to start Multitude Mondays by the Holy Experience Blog - to number at least 10 things a week that I am grateful for.  Some things may be eventful, while others are simple and almost insignificant, yet they all are gifts and blessings from above.
1.  God's presence....more and more it feels like my days are filled with conversations with God - where I know He is near and listening to my quiet thoughts.
2.  BSF - the dedicated leaders who give of their time to grow myself and my children in our walks w/ God
3.  Homeschooling - I truly love the days I spend with my children - being a part of their education and trying to continually remind them how God is a part of everything we do
4. Charis - today we talked on the phone, shared challenges I'm facing and was challenged to watch the words I use, and to know that she is always praying for me....
5.  listening to Jake, Maddie & Zeke play guitar, piano and drums.....it is rare in our household to not hear one of those kids playing something....even today Maddie was sitting at the piano making up her own song w/ chords (and she didn't even know she was using chords!)
6.  good friends - we had "church" all weekend long w/ our dear friends, the Bakers.....and spending time w/ Denise & her family for BSF....and how much I am blessed to have friends who want to "know" me and who let me "know" them.
7.  Nature - a handful of acorns and seedpods shout out God's awesomeness to me....I couldn't help but collect them this past weekend, each one was unique and eye-catching!


8.  the feeling of clean wood floors....had to totally mop today after unpacking all the camping stuff and I love how this unseen weight of grunginess disappears in my soul after I've mopped.
9. The reminder in John 21 that no matter our circumstances Jesus still says Follow Me.....every day I need to remember to walk where He would have me walk and keep my eyes only on Him
10. Grumpy little hedgehog....Hedgie or Boog or whatever we've named her is so "untouchable" but I seem determined to get to her w/ time each night and kindness....good lesson to me that I need to persevere like that with other difficult people in my life.
post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

Yeah! I am now going to see you blogging at least once a week! :) Love that!
And I love your list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails