Saturday, November 10, 2012

Give Thanks in All Circumstances


  1. Struggling with yesterday's thankfulness....It's not because I don't see anything good....there are lots of things like watching Maddie and Ben and Ted prepare to go hunting together in the wee hours of the morning, having time to get some things completed and marked off my To Do list, time in Gods Word and how it sets my heart aflame and in awe.... I had these things I was so excited to share with pictures and word....
    BUT yesterday also had something happen that left me and our family feeling sick, angry, betrayed, confused and hurt. And as I watch my children struggle with these feelings, as do I, the Holy Spirit asks, "Will you be thankful in this? Will you be thankful for betrayal, for how evil has touched your children?" And as a believer and lover of Christ, how do I choose to respond?

    By will and out of love and devotion for the One who went through worse for me, I choose to respond with a resounding YES! I'm thankful this morning for the betrayal because in this situation I have an opportunity to open my children's eyes to what God is doing in it. He is growing each one of us to be more like Him, to love when others don't love, to forgive when others don't forgive, to let go of the things of this world that don't matter, for the things NOT of this world that do! Thank for Lord for bringing that person into our lives, who unknowingly was used by You and who would open our eyes and hearts up more and more to YOU.

    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
    16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails