Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Hope" is the Thing with Feathers

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest sea,
Yet never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

by Emily Dickinson

I wear a ring that says the word HOPE on it.  My sister got it for me when Ted and I got back together after being seperated for over a year.  My story, my life, who I am all is wrapped up in that little word and what it means to hope in God!

1 comment:

chippy said...

I love that poem! Hope gives so much and yet never takes from us! Very cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails