Thursday, April 30, 2009

Breathe on Me Breath of God

At BSF on Monday, we sang this hymn.  Now I have to say that many times
during the
hymn singing at BSF, I'm frustrated by the vocal range the songs
expect of the singer
and too often I'm just thinking, "That's crazy!" But
thank God for His Holy Spirit
that convicts and works even in a
distracted heart like mine. The lyrics hit me so
strong because this is
my heart's cry. Daily I pray for this to be true in my life.


Breathe on me, Breath of God, Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what Thou dost love, And do what Thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, Until my heart is pure,
Until with Thee I will one will,To do and to endure.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, Till I am wholly Thine,
Till all this earthly part of me Glows with Thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, Breath of God, So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life Of Thine eternity.

1 comment:

chippy said...

I agree this is a beautiful song & prayer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails