Thursday, April 29, 2010

One Whose Strength Becomes My Strength

God is not a belief to which you give your assent. 
God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, 
meet everyday, 
one whose strength becomes your strength, 
whose love, your love.  
Live this life of the presence of God long enough 
and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” 
you may find yourself answering, 
“No I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.” 
~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

 Lately, I find this quote ringing so true in my life.  I can do nothing on my own.  I cannot truly love anyone.  I cannot be unselfish with my desires.  I cannot do for others without wanting it to have a return.  I cannot stop wanting to have value in this world.  But this doesn't stop me from trying, from daily crying out to God that I'll die to myself and let Him reign in me.  Then I am able to see His love, be willing to trust in His plan, to see others as He sees them, to serve knowing that He blesses me, and to keep my eyes peeled on the One who truly knows my value.
 post signature

2 comments:

chippy said...

That is a great quote! I love the lines...
God is not a belief... God becomes a reality.
When He is a reality, nothing can shake you from Him.

chippy said...

By the way...
glay your back! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails