Sunday, August 16, 2009

What do you do in 90 degree weather?

I don't think anyone would answer, "Go sit in the sun and watch baseball", but that is exactly what we did today! We went to a Lansing Lugnuts game and it was fun - despite the heat.... Maddie seemed very curious about all her sweat in the beginning, wanting me to feel it, smell it, see it! The boys all were captivated by watching the players and discussing things with Ted. I just enjoyed the icecubes and being just with my family. I've realized in the past week, that our time just chilling as a family has become few and far between and we all miss it! So we've been purposeful to just "be" together, with no other kids or families to take our attention from each other. It has been refreshing and as I write this, Jake just came in and said, "Mom, thanks for today. It was fun. I liked it just being us - as a family."I'd do it all again in 90 degree weather to hear my children say that!

post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

What a great day! Even in 90 degrees God showed you refreshment! Love that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails