Monday, June 27, 2011

Ties You In Knots

Lately, I've felt tied up in knots because of all that seems to lay on my shoulders to prepare our home and family for what is just around the bend - a restoration company coming in to clean our home from top to bottom of soot.  The other day, as I was trying to help Isaiah and Ben work in their room, while I was working in Maddie & Nate's room, I could hear Jake in his room singing away and playing his guitar.    At one point, as I was rushing to go downstairs, I stopped at his door to tell him something he could do to help, but I held my tongue and just listened (totally the Holy Spirit at work!).  He was recording the drums for a song that he was creating, so I just laid on his bed and listened to the lyrics.  This is the song that he was working on and I think God is soooo COOL that He had Jake working on this song right at this time, right when I needed it!  When the song was over, I asked if he would just play it for me and sing so I could enjoy watching him and he did and I was overcome with emotions once again by how gifted he is and how beautiful it is to watch him sing and play.  The song is light-hearted and yet powerful - I love the lyrics at the end of the chorus: "She's the queen of your life, you don't wind her up, she ties you in knots."  I don't want to live this next week, this next month, any moment of my life - at the mercy of this lady and full of regrets....I want to live in the center of Christ's peace - the peace He gives me as I focus my heart and mind on Him. That is what Jake's music did for me that day - God reminded me through a child where my focus should be.  Since that day, my heart's been lighter - I randomly burst out the chorus as I'm cleaning and boxing and bless God throughout the day for this process, this mess, this home, these children, His Word and His love.

Enjoy and be blessed as well!




V1
Eight-thirty, stop by the nearby coffee shop.
Nine o'clock, head off to work.
And at ten, run through your hair with your ten fingers, again.
Ten thirty, finish the papers
Eleven, sip your cold mocha,
And twelve wish you were home...

Chorus
Typical days, spend them in the same ways in a different place;
Day after day, after day, after day, they all start to look the same.
Now if you look at the clock, you'll see she never stops,
She's the queen of your life, you don't wind her up,
She ties you in knots.

V2
Nine o'clock at night, fighting another fight.
Ten-thirty again, throw off the covers and head for the kitchen
After taking a drink, You head for the sink,
Where you look in the mirror again
Wondering if he'll ever be your friend?

Repeat Chorus~

Bridge:
Cut the days in half and you'll get 12 hours
Cut to the chase 'cause life isn't a race
So stop runnin' off the clock again
Time is a'chasin' we all know it
Twenty-seven thousand two hundred and five days
That's all it takes before you're 75 and still looking at the time
You wonder where did it go
You can let that old clock rule you with it's iron hands
Or you can take a stand
Just be a man

Repeat Chorus~

1 comment:

chippy said...

Wow! Jake you are amazing! Great song... how true that we miss being the very person that God wants us to be when we are focused on the clock & our scheduled lives. Keep singing God's truths! Love you!
aunt charissa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails