Thursday, December 9, 2010

Count the Cost

It costs something to be a true Christian. Let that never be forgotten. To be a mere nominal Christian, and go to church, is cheap and easy work. But to hear Christ’s voice, and follow Christ, and believe in Christ, and confess Christ, requires much self-denial. It will cost us our sins, and our self-righteousness, and our ease, and our worldliness. All- all must be given up. We must fight an enemy who comes against us with twenty thousand followers. We must build a tower in troubled times. Our Lord Jesus Christ would have us thoroughly understand this. He bids us “count the cost.”

~ J.C. Ryle

This last week in Experience God I was bombarded with the words costly....to be obedient will be costly....to follow Him where He leads will be costly....God is so cool how He doesn't let me get away with my, "I'll just think about that tomorrow" heart lately.  I love Him!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails