Monday, October 4, 2010

Multitude Mondays

889. BSF and all that it means to my kids and me....delving into the Word with the vision and desire to know God more...hearing my children say how much they love it, love being in God's Word and how excited they are that they get to come tonight
890. chilly fall days
891. being able to enjoy the chilly fall days because we homeschool and we can all go out together and play
892. Grandma S. willing to step in our shoes for a couple days and care for the kids and get them to where they need to be, so Ted and I could go to a wedding
893. creativity of our kids...Ben wanting to sew or knit or do anything that equals CREATE
Here Ben is modeling his "Neck Warmer"
894. Jake's heart and attitude about his school load...he loves his Co-op classes, especially his history
895. time away to reflect on our family...being at a wedding seemingly surrounded by other parents who complain of trials of raising kids and seeing their preoccupation and love for an MSU game, I felt like a foreigner sitting at their table.  I whispered many thanks to my Creator for loving me and knowing that to passionately seek after Him is more satisfying than any alcohol or earthly victory and thanking Him for the blessings of my husband and children and our life.  It is beautiful and priceless to me.
896. going on walks and collecting acorns and brightly colored leaves
897. knowing...knowing deep in the secret places of my heart that God loves me and wants me
898. being reminded once again to extend grace and mercy to others, in light of how much I've been given
899.  best buddies and Greenfield Village
900.  loved ones voices raised in crazy rendition of "Happy Birthday to YOU!!!"
901. extended family...sitting next to sister as we study God's Word, other sister's voice covering the distance between us and reconnecting hearts and struggles....brother who shows up for family gathering...seeing Mom & Dad laugh...newborns and the slice of heaven they bring into ones' arms
902.  Isaiah's decision to identify himself with Christ before family and friends.  I couldn't help but imagine the rejoicing in heaven!
903.  miracle of life...how can anyone hold a baby and not marvel at God's masterpiece?  Addison Lynn Gorrell testifies to it!
904.  tiny feet and toes cupped in weathered hands
905.  once again to experience the car ride home from BSF with the children - hearing the cool things impressed upon their hearts and sharing my own
906.  resting in the characteristics of God...it is like building my house on a rock...my heart cries, "I know...I know...I trust....I trust"
907.  wrestling through in prayer the decision to serve in BSF...seeing my own sin issue of not wanting to submit to husband's leading, Holy Spirit peeling away layers of pride and revealing a servant's humble heart

1 comment:

chippy said...

So good to see you blog again... I have missed you!
Tell Ben 'nice neck warmer!' :)
Love the picture of Addie's foot & Dad's hand!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails