Monday, July 13, 2009

Traditions...

I love traditions, always have, both big and small. I think traditions gave me security as a child, even if it was as small as the large Bible on one of our coffee tables. I think traditions also gave me something to expect and look forward to as a kid, such as annual camping trips. As Ted and I've been building traditions into our children's lives, I become more and more aware of how much joy, expectation, comfort, and love they bring to my children. We recently drove home from a 4 day camping trip with the Sinnaeves and I pray that it is something we do every year because our family ties were strengthened by the trip.We camped at Sand Lake Campground near Manistee area. We spent our days eating, playing ladderball, swimming & sunbathing, eating, playing games, fishing at Tippi Dam, eating, and just simply being near one-another.

Thought I'd share some of the phrases I heard often these past 4 days..... Marco....Polo.....Can I ride Grandma/Grandpa's bike?.....What can I eat?....Give us a point.....Hey - you're not playing, be quiet!.....I can't get the zipper done!....Nannnncccyyyyy.....What else can we make in a baggie?.....Who wants to be my partner?....Don't shine the light in my eyes....Don't play with the fire....Does anyone have to go to the bathroom?........Shut the door(or the zipper)....The water's cold.....Is the coffee ready?.....What a beautiful day!

post signature

1 comment:

chippy said...

Love traditions!
Looks like you all had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails